How do I drag and drop a parent page from 1 space to another?

I want to move a parent page with children pages that I have been working on in my personal space to my team's space. How do I do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

You can't drag and drop, but you can move it by going to the tools drop down menu.

0 votes
David Simpson Community Champion Sep 13, 2011

You can't drag and drop, but you can choose Move from the Tools pulldown menu on the parent page that you wish to move.

The will bring up a dialog that allows you to choose the new space and new parent page from which to "hang" the new page.

The dialog:

http://twitpic.com/6ktrep/full

To follow on Dave's great suggestion... if by chance you ever need to copy the content into a different space, check out the Copy Partial Space plugin.

As already said you can move. One heads-up, is that if you are running a confluence install older than than 3.5.3, it may not work. There used to be a problem moving pages between spaces. That has, however been resolved in 3.5.3

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Thursday in Confluence

What are your project planning tips?

Hello Community,  Jessica here from the Confluence product marketing team! Today I wanted to get your takes on project planning –– what works, what doesn’t, how do you know if you’re doing it r...

180 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you