Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I drag and drop a parent page from 1 space to another?

Kim Wilson September 13, 2011

I want to move a parent page with children pages that I have been working on in my personal space to my team's space. How do I do this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kim Wilson October 11, 2011

You can't drag and drop, but you can move it by going to the tools drop down menu.

0 votes
Jo-Anne MacLeod
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2011

As already said you can move. One heads-up, is that if you are running a confluence install older than than 3.5.3, it may not work. There used to be a problem moving pages between spaces. That has, however been resolved in 3.5.3

0 votes
David Dube
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 14, 2011

To follow on Dave's great suggestion... if by chance you ever need to copy the content into a different space, check out the Copy Partial Space plugin.

0 votes
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 13, 2011

You can't drag and drop, but you can choose Move from the Tools pulldown menu on the parent page that you wish to move.

The will bring up a dialog that allows you to choose the new space and new parent page from which to "hang" the new page.

The dialog:

http://twitpic.com/6ktrep/full

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events