How do I download a template and use in server?

Aaron Myers May 21, 2020

There is a nice list of page templates on the main site but they appear to only be for cloud? Is there a way to get/download them for server? This is an example:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/templates/performance-improvement-plan

For the life of me I can't figure out how and I'd rather not manually create them if I don't have to.

Thanks!
Aaron

2 answers

2 votes
Teng-Kiat Lee February 17, 2022

I think I figured this out.

1. Sign up for a free Cloud Confluence account.
  2. Once you're logged into the Cloud account,create a page with the template you want to use.
  3. Save/Publish the page. 
  4. On that page, click on the (...) and select "Advanced details", and under that select "View Source".
  5. Use your mouse to select the whole page of content and Ctrl-C to copy it.
  6. Back on your data-center Confluence, go create a new template.
  7. Paste the whole chunk you just copied from the Cloud version into this new template.
  8. Save it and now you have a template that has all the macros correctly copied over from the Cloud version.
0 votes
Russell July 27, 2020

I'm also looking for an answer on this one but have been unable to find one yet. Will post back on here if I find one.

André K. June 20, 2022

just follow Teng's instructions, that helps.

Russell October 31, 2022

They do work for most templates but you do lose quite a lot of formatting and if it has macros embedded in the template it can be difficult to bring that functionality across also.

Certainly is a workable method for most instances but is not exactly streamlined unfortunately.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events