Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I display an Excel On-line spreadsheet in a Confluence page ?

Michael Green August 22, 2022

How do I display an Excel On-line spreadsheet - actually stored on SharePoint - in a Confluence page ? i.e. NOT attached the spreadsheet to the Confluence page ?

This is also effectively like displaying a web page in-line in a Confluence page.

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Ivan Buzadzhy April 17, 2023

Hi @Michael Green 

IDNK if this is still actual, but run into your question when looking for the same answer. It appears that for Confluence Server you can do:
1. HTML Macro
2. Generate link to embed on Excel Online -> Share -> Embed -> Configure and copy the link from Embed code.

I didn't yet check if the embedded file follows the same access restrictions as on SharePoint, but at least it works for those who has access to the file.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2022

Hi @Michael Green ,

there are several Apps available in the Atlassian Marketplace that cover that functionality. Doing a quick search for "SharePoint" (as Excel Online is in SharePoint) lists several: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=confluence&query=sharepoint

Depending on your hosting of Confluence and SharePoint maybe not all of those options may be valid, you'd have to look into the specifics.

Disclosure: I'm working for Communard, the company behind the SharePoint Connector for Confluence (listed in the linked search result). And I can certainly say that our app works for each combination of hosting. Let me know if you whish to learn more about it.

Cheers, David

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events