Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disabled editing of comments?

Jeffrey Damick January 24, 2013

How do I disable the editing of comments by a space admin? I can understand the add / remove permission, but globally I want to the ability to disable the editing of someone else's comments. How can I do this?

1 answer

1 vote
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

Hi Jeffrey,

The global permissions in Confluence operate at a much higher level, have a look at the page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

the permission to edit comments is controlled on a space by space basis by an admin. If you want to block a space admin, they can just over ride it and give themselves the permission again.

There are some tricks you could pull to try and block the space permission URL using apache HTTPD in front of Confluence....

Or... you could write a macro to query the confluence API to look at space permissions object and report on anyone who has it that shouldn't

But I think it should be more about education than enforcement

Jeffrey Damick January 29, 2013

Found a way to do it by js:

<script>
  AJS.toInit(function() {
    AJS.$('.comment-header').each(function() {
      var u = $(this).children('.author').children('a.url').attr('data-username');
      if (AJS.params.remoteUser != u) {
        $(this).siblings('.comment-body').find('.comment-action-edit').remove();
      }
    });
  });
</script>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events