How do I delete global labels?

Lisa Dyer November 6, 2011

Deleting labels in a space is a simple matter...but how do I do the same at the global level? Must be some way of pruning the labels.

My version is Confluence 2.9.2.

Cheers,

- lisa

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011

Hi Lisa,

Do I understand it right: You want to remove a label from multiple pages without manually having to remove it from every single page? Then maybe the Confluence Label Management Plugin could be what you are looking for. It lets you delete a label from a whole tree of pages.

It's a bit tricky to install as you have to manipulate the layout (under Look and Feel) but it might be worth it. Just read the documentation carefully.

Cheers,

Thomas

Lisa Dyer November 27, 2011

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the idea. I think this only deletes labels from pages, though, correct? The label itself still persists in e.g. the All Labels view.

My specific use case is that over time multiple labels describing the same thing but with slightly different syntax are being created, and I want to purge the duplicates from the entire system - not just the pages. Can the Label Mgmt Plugin help with that?

Cheers,

- lisa

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2011

Hi Lisa,

Yes, after I deleted the unwanted label form all spaces, which is relatively easy with the plugin, the label did not show up in the All Labels view anymore.

Cheers,

Thomas

Thomas Wendel
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2011

Hi Lisa,

Just out of sheer curiosity: Did it work?

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events