Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How do I delete comments that have been resolved?

I have permissions to delete comments. The page has a resolved comment which is visible to anyone. I need to delete the comment completely. How do I do this. Confluence Cloud. Thanks.

1 answer

1 vote
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2018

Hi Tom,

Inline comments cannot be deleted. If you need a comment-free copy of the page you may go to the page tools (...) menu and copy the page, which strips all the comments.

Here is the Cloud documentation for comments: Comment on pages and blog posts

Thanks,

Ann

Thanks for the quick response. Actually I found I was able to delete a resolved inline comment by first resolving the comment and then deleting it. Delete is an option on the inline comment. If there's a reply, you need to delete the reply first. So I was able to solve my problem. But I do appreciate the alternative of copying the page. thanks. 

Like Matt Walmsley likes this
AnnWorley Atlassian Team Jan 29, 2018

You are right, I was mistaken. The resolved inline comments can be deleted if you reopen and then go to the ... menu:

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 1.20.37 PM.png

I confirmed this works as long as the text was not deleted resulting in it being resolved by that method. No way to delete it at that point. It's also very public too.........

Please consider allowing cloud user admins to clean up entire spaces of comments, versions, etc. One use case would be internally developing a software user guide and using comments to mark locations that need help from other staff members, but would not want these comments public facing when the space is opened up to the public.

Like # people like this

Same problem. Its agony to have to come here to resolve issues with Confluence. 

Like James Cha likes this
James Cha I'm New Here May 04, 2022

The fact that you cannot simply delete comments blows my mind. Confluence sure makes things a lot harder than they need to be.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

An update on Confluence Cloud customer feedback – June 2022

Hi everyone, We’re always looking at how to improve Confluence and customer feedback plays an important role in making sure we're investing in the areas that will bring the most value to the most c...

246 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you