How do I customize a standard Confluence template?

Kevin Hinners March 24, 2022

I need to have a customized version of the "Troubleshooting article" page creation template. Specifically, I want to have the page created with default tags added.

Edit: To clarify, I need to duplicate a template from Global to a Space-specific template. What permissions do I need to do that?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Kevin Hinners 

Assuming you mean create a new one then modify it...

1. Go to Confluence Settings > Global Templates and Blueprints
  2. Locate the Template you wish to duplicate, and open the Edit screen in a new tab (usually Cmnd/Ctrl + Click, or right-click and select to open the link in a new tab)
  3. Next, on the original tab choose Add global page template
  4. Copy the entire template from the original template's Edit screen to your new template
  5. Make modifications, give it a name/description, and create as a template

Create a Template (Cloud) has all the details needed to enhance a template once it has been duplicated in the above manner.

Ste

Kevin Hinners March 26, 2022

It sounds like what I am asking for is actually not directly supported by Atlassian Confluence. Marking this as answered as this does provide a workaround.

1 vote
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Kevin Hinners ,

Welcome to Atlassian community.

If I understood correctly you want to know how to create a page from template and customise it . In any case the following KB articles should help you.

Sorry about filling you with lot of info. But one of the above URL should answer your requirement. 

I hope above information helps. Have a good day.!

Thanks,

Srinath T

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2022

Hi @Kevin Hinners 

Create a template is going to be a good starting point - the needed instructions for this will depend on whether it's a global or space-specific template.

You can modify the standard templates at a global-level, but I'd consider duplicating it so you don't lose the default, and having an additional template as necessary :)

Ste

Like Srinatha T likes this
0 votes
Kevin Hinners March 25, 2022

Question updated. I don't want to create a new template, I want to duplicate an existing Global one.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events