How do I create shorthand words or templates to avoid typos when writing in Confluence?

Hi,

I want to type AQBFJOTLD in my page, and it should expand as "A Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog". How do I create such shorthand templates in Confluence?

Can you help me please?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Stephen Deutsch Community Champion Jul 26, 2017

As long as the expansions are only for you, why not try a browser extension that does text expansion? According to the description, this one works with Confluence:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/auto-text-expander-for-go/iibninhmiggehlcdolcilmhacighjamp

Thanks, Stephen. I understand my question was not clear. The short forms (templates) will be shared with many writers in my team.

When writing in our company's MediaWiki portal, we create templates (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Templates) to store values. For example, we type New Feature Added in {{SF}} App in the Edit mode, and when we go to the Preview/Read mode, we get New Feature Added in SnowFlake App. This is a lot more reliable than inline text expanders for any serious writing business. I would like to know if Confluence has anything of this sort.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

571 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you