Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create conditioned content?

Valentina Ditoiu September 5, 2019

Hi, AC, 

I would like to start with a list of questions, each of them in a table row. If the answer to some of the questions is YES, new table rows with additional questions should appear.

Can this be done?

Thank you,

V. 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Hello Valentina,

Thank you for contacting us!

As I understand, you want to have a table with rows, and in each row, there's a question. But if the answer to the question is "yes" then there's an additional row below it? What is the purpose of these questions? Is it like an FAQ, or do you want users to actually be able to answer these questions, like a form?

Regards,

Shannon

Valentina Ditoiu September 16, 2019

Hi Shannon, 

Thank you for responding! :)

Yes, your understanding is correct, and yes - like a form.

I do software legal compliance for my company, so I ask Product Managers and Developers questions about their products before they are released. The problem is that my questionnaire is too long and it has a lot of questions that are not applicable for some types of products. The most frequent example is when the product is on-premise, installed behind the customer's firewall, with no access to customer's data from my company --- once the PM/Dev responds that the product is on-premise, they should not be forced to answer questions about data collection (there are many!). 

I'd like to find a dynamic way to convey this. The only way that I could find until now was to insert a drop down macro, preceded by a phrase like "if YES, respond to the following:", but the issue with this is it that it splits my table into multiple sections in order to include it. 

Any advice would be super useful. Thank you again!

Like Adrian Georgescu likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2019

Valentina,

Thank you for confirming that. It's not possible to create forms or questionnaires using the built-in Confluence functionality, but you can do so using an add-on.

There are a lot of add-ons that provide this feature, so have a look below:

Go ahead and have a look at those; perhaps one will have the functionality you require.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events