Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a simple list of links to pages in my space?

Kevin Aegis April 11, 2023

I have a space where I record notes (The "Notes" Space).

There are a lot of individual Notes pages that are children in the space. However, the main page in the space is just empty, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get to a list of links to all the various notes I've created. 

When I searched online, the advice was to use the "page hierarchy" function in the menu that comes up when you click on the three dots, however.... I'm not seeing that, and searching "help" for "hierarchy" in confluence returns nothing useful. 

Right now the only way I'm able to access these various subpages is through the "recent changes" menu, and then I'm copy-pasting links into the top level page. This is incredibly tedious, and I'm sure I'm missing links that are not appearing in the list. 

There must be a simple way to just create a page full of links of children in a space. 

4 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Kevin Aegis welcome to the Atlassian Community.

On the parent page insert the page tree macro and it will render a list of links to all of the child pages (the notes). 

Put the page in edit mode and either select the page tree macro from the (+) sign on the menu bar or type /page tree in the body of the page. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you, that solved it for me. I would never have figured that out on my own. 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2023

@Kevin Aegis Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can use any of the navigation macros to accomplish this.  I would suggest using the page tree macro.  As you add additional notes they will automatically be added to the page.  You can learn more about the macro, how to add it and configure it here: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-page-tree-macro/ 

Thank you for this. The link to the support page for the macro was really helpful here - definitely not straightforward!

0 votes

oops

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

The page tree is quite handy, but I still prefer a landing page with loads of navigation on it!  Brant and Andy have got you there :-)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 11, 2023

What do you have in the left-hand column?  Is there no "pages" entry near the bottom?

(This would not solve "blank main page" by the way, but the pages entry is a page tree.  I tend to use the main page for other ways of organising links for people to explore - label, contributor and recently updated for example)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events