How do I create a sign-up sheet in Confluence?

Krista_McGruder April 14, 2020

I would like to include a "Sign-Up Here" link in Confluence that would allow people to register for an event. How do I do that?

thanks.

8 answers

1 vote
Krista_McGruder April 24, 2020

Thanks for trying but none of the answers have been helpful. They are all: go buy this and that.  And my firm, as with most, does not allow Google calendar, etc. due to security concerns. Buying stuff from the market does not solve for this because the testing and deployment lag time before they allow it over the wall is outrageous. Nor are we allowed to write code. Confluence is a place where artifacts go to die. 

As I said before: I'll build what I need in SharePoint, port the images to my space, and for whatever I can't get done in Confluence will let all the users of the space know that: please click here to go to our ancient version of SharePoint to do what Confluence can't or won't.... 

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2020

We achieved something similar for a few clients enabling the HTML macro. As it is disabled by default, you would need to ask your system administrator, in case you don't have permission, to enable it for you. I suggest you learn more about it at HTML Macro - once it can make you Confluence site vulnerable to cross-site scripting attacks.

Basically, enabling the HTML macro, you can embed external content into Confluence such as enabling people to schedule meetings directly from your Confluence page. 

1. Grab the code you want to add to your Confluence page

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 8.23.30 PM.png

2. Add the macro to the page and add the code to the body of the HTML Macro.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 8.20.41 PM.png

3. Publish your page.

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 8.23.06 PM.png

Hope it helps.

IL.

1 vote
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

So confluence doesn't have any forms functionality out of the box.  It's primarily a content management system.  But you should be able to build a page for the meetings/events you are referring user to, and build a template to capture and submit their user info.

We can get into that as well, but as far as your cut and past functionality, be sure you are in edit mode on a page before you try to paste anything in.  And you will have several options for  content receptacles to receive the content.  After that, you should be able to past in any text content from another app.

I've been playing with a few ways you may be able to create a template and embed on click with a button macro (create from template macro).  Still working out a few kinks.

If you need something immediately, your best bet to get something out there may be to add a blog page and monitor that for activity.

0 votes
Uday Kumar September 1, 2022

Hello sir hamko account suspended likha hai 

0 votes
Krista_McGruder April 23, 2020

Thanks all users have credentials. I just wish to allow them to be able to sign up for events, or choose to see updates via email, or any number of other items you would see in a standard website (sign-up here) etc.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2020

Hi Krista!

A lot of the suggestions that the Community has shared with you are already really great. I just wanted to provide a few more ideas.

Here at Atlassian, we used an RSVP add-on very similar to this one: RSVP for Confluence. I understand if you're trying to avoid installing new add-ons, but I wanted to share that with you as an option.

Another thing we tend to use here is to create a page to represent an event. On the page there would be a table, where people can edit the page and add their name. Otherwise, we use things like Google Calendar and Eventbrite to manage RSVPs outside of Confluence.

By the way, if you want your users to receive email updates about something, just make sure to have them watch the page in Confluence, and any time you make an update to it, they'll get an email.

Take care,

Shannon

Like Darline Auguste likes this
0 votes
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2020

Are these users with accounts or is this a public (anonymous) sign-up sheet?

0 votes
Krista_McGruder April 23, 2020

I just want people to be able to click on a "submit your email" here button that sends the request to be added to a meeting, event, etc. 

So, say there is a meeting and I need to have a sign up sheet? What tool in Confluence will let me do that?

0 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2020

Hey @Krista_McGruder 

If you want to create a link with your link text "Sign-Up Here", I suggest reading through the  Atlassian documentation around Links - you will find how to insert links in Confluence. However, you mentioned the "sign-up sheet" in the title of your question. If the first part of my answer is not what you're looking for, could you elaborate a bit more?

Cheers.

IL

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events