How do I create a meeting note from a page link and not the menu

David May 5, 2021

Hello,

I have a template for creating pages with automatic numbering. For each page, I would like to create a meeting note. 

So on my generated page, I would like to add a link to create the meeting note that would be linked to the created meeting notes. We used to be able to do that in wiki markup in the earlier versions for Confluence but I can't seem to find a way to do it today.

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@David What you are describing sounds like the create from template macro.  It will create a button with specific parameters. https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/create-from-template-macro-317196995.html

David May 5, 2021

Hi Brant,

I have tried that but the button remains in the created page. I was hoping it would create a link to the minutes page.

Template -> creates page , on page created you have a link to create a minute notes which turns into a link to the minute notes once created.

NOTE: your copy/paste of the URL for the button parameters is a google map link ;-)

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

I updated the link sorry about that.  So you would like the button to change to the link of the newly created page.  Basically, the button would dynamically change to a link once the new page is created.  If that is the case I do not know of any way to do that in Confluence currently.  

David May 6, 2021

Brant, no worries about the link. It happens to all of us ;-)

We use used to be able to do something similar in wiki markup before. 

Like  [name of new page] would create the new page and turn the text into a link to the newly created page.

We can still do that as described on this page. However, I wanted to create a link to a meeting note and not a simple page. 

The user then only needs to click once, in the right location instead of going through the menu and then linking the meeting note from the first page.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

@David I played around with the undefined pages but was not able to find a way to get it to create anything other than a blank page.  Looking into this further I found this feature request which I believe is what you are trying to do and they answered with the macro I posted above.  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-29161

So at this time, there is not an option that provides the functionality you would like.  I would suggest raising a feature request to see if they will implement some wiki markup to allow you to specify a template in the undefined link.

Like David likes this
David May 12, 2021

Brant,

Thanks for looking into this!

I will raise the feature request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events