How do I create a Group as non-Admin?

Marta Michaliszyn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2021

TEAM, how can I create a Group for my team members to easily give permissions, without having to manually type on every name?

I've founds this, but I don't think I have the Admin rights - is there a way to do it anyway?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Hello @Marta Michaliszyn ,

It's a brilliant idea to create groups in order to make easier the permissions administration on your side, but unfortunately, you need Site-Administration or Organisation Admin permission to create such a group.

The only way for you to do this is to contact your site Admin and request the creation of the groups you need.

Let me know if it helps,

Guilhem

Marta Michaliszyn
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2021

That's helpful to know, thank you @Guilhem Dupuy! Any tips on whether/ how can I identify that person by looking into Confluence settings? 

Guilhem Dupuy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2021

Unfortunately I don't know how you can get this information specifically if you don't have the Site Admin access; I guess you'll have to ask people until you find the right person.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events