Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sign up Log in
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

Avatar

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

How do I control text wrapping around images?

I am using Confluence Cloud and have pages which have multiple images however I am finding that text is wrapping around some images but not others. I want to turn off text wrapping and not have to use the return key multiple times so that text appears after the image.

I cannot see any controls around how to control how text wraps around images in the Confluence Cloud settings.

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

I'm using a little older version (6.7.3) of Confluence, but it can unset flowing: I had to select the image and click once again on the left align icon in the toolbar, and it turned off the feature. It also works with center and right align function.

I hope I can help you.

Hi Peter - I am using Confluence Cloud. Your suggestion worked.....but with a slight tweak.

I needed to select text from above the image, to a row of text beyond the image. I then clicked on the left align button for all of the image and text. I then just selected the image and clicked on the left align, and it properly aligned.

Thanks for your advice!

Like Péter Hendlein likes this

@Paul Jones 

Hello Paul. 

I tried this, but it didn't resolve the issue. It allowed me to wrap text after the image, but not any text before the image. I want my image to be placed in the middle of a line of text. I was able to do this when we were using the server version, but I can't get it to work in the cloud version.

Test image wrapping.jpg

Like # people like this

Just hit the same issue. Any ideas how to overcome, or we have to live with it?

Like Annemarie Witte likes this

Add me to the list too! Despite all my attempts, I get the same result. Hopefully they can fix alignment soon!

Like Annemarie Witte likes this

Any movement on this? I would also like to have an image in the middle of text.

Like # people like this

I need it too.

Add me to the list, I need this, too.

This problem is even worse for lists (bulleted and numbered), they cannot be aligned with text in any way, which is really impossible when writing procedures.

Cloud:

cloud.pngServer:

server.png

Like # people like this

Having the problem. Did you find a solution?

This is still broken.  Impossible to include text-wrapped imagery in lists.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
Oct 12, 2018

Hi @Paul Jones,

When you insert an image and hit enter/return, you go to the next line where you can type-in text or add image or so on.. You must be knowing this already.

Text wrapping does not happen until you select one of the alignment options (left, centre, right) from the tool bar. But, it is definitely annoying that once you select the text wrap option, you cannot turn it off.

The only way to unwrap it is hitting enter multiple times until you reach the end of the length of your image and then to the next line below the image.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

Thanks Sireesha.

This did help and resolve the problem.

It is pretty annoying how this is handled in Confluence as I think that text wraps around images on about 20% of images, but is above and below on the other 80% which is what I wanted. 

Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
Oct 15, 2018

Glad it helped! :)

Sorry this comment was supposed to go at another place, but I cannot delete it.

I just experienced this issue too, and I came up with a work around. This won't work for every image, but you have a small image that you want to put in-line with your text, you can create your own emoji from that image, then add the emoji whenever you need it.

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events