• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I control text wrapping around images?

I am using Confluence Cloud and have pages which have multiple images however I am finding that text is wrapping around some images but not others. I want to turn off text wrapping and not have to use the return key multiple times so that text appears after the image.

I cannot see any controls around how to control how text wraps around images in the Confluence Cloud settings.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

I'm using a little older version (6.7.3) of Confluence, but it can unset flowing: I had to select the image and click once again on the left align icon in the toolbar, and it turned off the feature. It also works with center and right align function.

I hope I can help you.

Hi Peter - I am using Confluence Cloud. Your suggestion worked.....but with a slight tweak.

I needed to select text from above the image, to a row of text beyond the image. I then clicked on the left align button for all of the image and text. I then just selected the image and clicked on the left align, and it properly aligned.

Thanks for your advice!

Like Péter Hendlein likes this

@Paul Jones 

Hello Paul. 

I tried this, but it didn't resolve the issue. It allowed me to wrap text after the image, but not any text before the image. I want my image to be placed in the middle of a line of text. I was able to do this when we were using the server version, but I can't get it to work in the cloud version.

Test image wrapping.jpg

Like # people like this

Just hit the same issue. Any ideas how to overcome, or we have to live with it?

Like Annemarie Witte likes this

Add me to the list too! Despite all my attempts, I get the same result. Hopefully they can fix alignment soon!

Like Annemarie Witte likes this

Any movement on this? I would also like to have an image in the middle of text.

Like # people like this

Hi @Paul Jones,

When you insert an image and hit enter/return, you go to the next line where you can type-in text or add image or so on.. You must be knowing this already.

Text wrapping does not happen until you select one of the alignment options (left, centre, right) from the tool bar. But, it is definitely annoying that once you select the text wrap option, you cannot turn it off.

The only way to unwrap it is hitting enter multiple times until you reach the end of the length of your image and then to the next line below the image.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

Thanks Sireesha.

This did help and resolve the problem.

It is pretty annoying how this is handled in Confluence as I think that text wraps around images on about 20% of images, but is above and below on the other 80% which is what I wanted. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

480 views 24 9
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you