Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I control text wrapping around images?

Paul Jones October 11, 2018

I am using Confluence Cloud and have pages which have multiple images however I am finding that text is wrapping around some images but not others. I want to turn off text wrapping and not have to use the return key multiple times so that text appears after the image.

I cannot see any controls around how to control how text wraps around images in the Confluence Cloud settings.

3 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Péter Hendlein January 30, 2019

I'm using a little older version (6.7.3) of Confluence, but it can unset flowing: I had to select the image and click once again on the left align icon in the toolbar, and it turned off the feature. It also works with center and right align function.

I hope I can help you.

Paul Jones January 30, 2019

Hi Peter - I am using Confluence Cloud. Your suggestion worked.....but with a slight tweak.

I needed to select text from above the image, to a row of text beyond the image. I then clicked on the left align button for all of the image and text. I then just selected the image and clicked on the left align, and it properly aligned.

Thanks for your advice!

Like Péter Hendlein likes this
Carla Woodgate January 7, 2020

@Paul Jones 

Hello Paul. 

I tried this, but it didn't resolve the issue. It allowed me to wrap text after the image, but not any text before the image. I want my image to be placed in the middle of a line of text. I was able to do this when we were using the server version, but I can't get it to work in the cloud version.

Test image wrapping.jpg

Like # people like this
Sergey Kurguzenkov February 10, 2020

Just hit the same issue. Any ideas how to overcome, or we have to live with it?

Like Annemarie Witte likes this
ted_mcleod February 19, 2020

Add me to the list too! Despite all my attempts, I get the same result. Hopefully they can fix alignment soon!

Like Annemarie Witte likes this
Lisa Mounteer March 12, 2020

Any movement on this? I would also like to have an image in the middle of text.

Like # people like this
iasmini January 15, 2021

I need it too.

Susanne Ertle January 19, 2021

Add me to the list, I need this, too.

This problem is even worse for lists (bulleted and numbered), they cannot be aligned with text in any way, which is really impossible when writing procedures.

Cloud:

cloud.pngServer:

server.png

Like # people like this
Pascal Houde March 11, 2022

Having the problem. Did you find a solution?

Milo Cooper July 31, 2023

This is still broken.  Impossible to include text-wrapped imagery in lists.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2018

Hi @Paul Jones,

When you insert an image and hit enter/return, you go to the next line where you can type-in text or add image or so on.. You must be knowing this already.

Text wrapping does not happen until you select one of the alignment options (left, centre, right) from the tool bar. But, it is definitely annoying that once you select the text wrap option, you cannot turn it off.

The only way to unwrap it is hitting enter multiple times until you reach the end of the length of your image and then to the next line below the image.

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Sireesha

Paul Jones October 14, 2018

Thanks Sireesha.

This did help and resolve the problem.

It is pretty annoying how this is handled in Confluence as I think that text wraps around images on about 20% of images, but is above and below on the other 80% which is what I wanted. 

Sireesha Dugginapeddi [Appfire]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2018

Glad it helped! :)

Sorry this comment was supposed to go at another place, but I cannot delete it.

0 votes
Ray May 16, 2022

I just experienced this issue too, and I came up with a work around. This won't work for every image, but you have a small image that you want to put in-line with your text, you can create your own emoji from that image, then add the emoji whenever you need it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events