How do I change the size of the text in the header of an Expand macro?

Leah Hakim August 10, 2017

I created a list of FAQs using the Expand macro and I would like to make the question larger. The macro does not accept HTML code.

How can I make the text in the question larger?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

If you want to change the size of the text headers of all expand macros in the page, then you can use the following CSS:

.expand-control-text {
font-size:130%;
}

You can put the CSS inside a user macro like this:

## @noparams
<style>
.expand-control-text {
}
</style>

or you could install the last free version of the Content Formatting macros and put the code in the CSS macro.

Thanks Stephen.  Where/how exactly do I insert this? My HTML code looks like this:

<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="0e3a1d40-31c9-4e5b-81a5-e101af9462d3" ac:name="expand" ac:schema-version="1">
  <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Question</ac:parameter>
  <ac:rich-text-body>
    <p>Answer </p>
      </ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>

Where can I find the css that this page uses?  

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

What you described in your comment is storage format, which is what Confluence stores in the background in order to generate your page. It is a form of XHTML, not actually HTML. HTML is what is shown when you are on a page and choose "View Source" in your browser. This is what the expand macro becomes once it is processed by the Confluence backend. This is what the CSS will affect. You can see this specific code by right clicking on the expand macro and choosing "Inspect".

If you have the HTML macro enabled, you can simply copy and paste this text inside:

<style>
.expand-control-text {
}
</style>

and it will take effect on the page to increase the size of the expand macro header text.

Thanks very much Stephen, that worked fine!

Selvestre Raymundo May 29, 2019

Can either of you show me a screen shot on where to paste this?

<style>
.expand-control-text {
}
</style>
Filip Lindhe July 18, 2019

Selvestre. If you are using the cloud you can use the "Style" macro to change settings of your expand macro.

For example  add the follow text to the Style macro to change to bold and change size :

#com-atlassian-confluence .expand-control-text { font-weight: bold; font-size:130%; }

Coco S Chaussée May 5, 2020

Does this still work with the new editing format?

Anita Pinto October 1, 2020

Hi Filip,

Can you please help me. 

Would you know how to increase the font-size in a Digi Accordion?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks

Anita 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events