How do I change the name of a space?

Michael Rowland May 9, 2019

A space was created, lots of info on it now, but the name of it is no longer valid and we wish to change it. Space admin and Site Admins don't seem to be able to do this. Help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 9, 2019

This is explained here https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/customize-your-space-724764768.html

However, you need to have space admin privileges to do this.

Michael Rowland May 10, 2019

So as an overall Atlassian site admin, I don't by default have space admin rights? 

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2019

No, because in Confluence Cloud while you might be the site admin you don't have "super user" powers - these are restricted in Confluence Cloud to Atlassian support.

Michael Rowland May 10, 2019

Seems like a step back from say JIRA where we can edit users, tickets, etc. I'm sure I was able to do this before as an overall admin to the site... or at least space admin sat below the site admin in the hierachy of adminness :)

We definitely had the ability to see all confluence pages a few versions back but now seem to be hitting paywalls for certain pages too. The era of microtransaction is upon us in Atlassian world it seems...

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2019

This is something peculiar to Confluence Cloud - I don't believe even the new "Premium" subscription is necessarily going to change this.

However in practice this is easily addressed through the default space permissions, so that (for example) your 'administrators' group is always added with space admin rights.

But you I noticed earlier that you said even your Space admin couldn't do it, which is strange and shouldn't be the case?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events