How do I change the email address of organization administrator ?

Daniel Tita March 15, 2021

Confluence doesn't react on this change...

1 answer

0 votes
carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 15, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Let me try to help you with your issue with what I found on other topics.

To change your email address, if you are the org admin, you need to use the Directory > Managed Accounts section. 

It is important to note that, you should NOT use the Administration > User management section.

Managed Accounts looks exactly the same but don't be fooled, the "Show Details" page is a lot more helpful, and can just click the email address and edit away happily!

Basically, you should go to admin.atlassian.com, click on the organization you want to manage, then "Directory" in the top menu, and finally "Managed accounts" in the left sidebar. If at any of these steps you do not have access — you are not "Organization admin" and cannot make these changes:

Screen Shot 2021-03-16 at 10.40.52 am.png

Please check the information and let us know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Carlos

Daniel Tita March 15, 2021

Thank you very much Carlos! I did that but it requires now a Domain verification, unclear how to do that: 

Domains

Domains are used to determine which user accounts can be managed by your organization. You need to verify that you own a domain to be able to manage the accounts that use that domain in their email addresses. Learn moreDNSHTTPSG Suite

1. Add the TXT record below to the DNS host of the domains you want to verify.CopyThe same record can be used for multiple domains.DNS changes can take up to 72 hours to update depending on your DNS host. You may need to wait before adding and verifying your domains.
  2. After adding the TXT record, click Verify domain below.

If you have difficulties with this process, ask your IT department for help

carlosughini
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2021

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your patience.

I strongly recommend checking the documentation below about domain verification, and in case you have any issues registering it, the best option would be to check with your local IT as they have all the access that is necessary.

Please check the information above and let me know if it helps.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Carlos

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders