How do I change my password in Confluence 2.7.4?

Deleted user September 24, 2014

So we recently upgraded to Confluence 2.7.4.  I am in Preferences and checked under my Profile and anywhere else I can think of but I don't see where I can change my log in password.  Why is it so difficult to find or worse yet, why is the functionality not there?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

If you don't see a password change option under your profile menu/options, then you may have external management set (LDAP etc) - could that be the case?

Thank you, I will check into that. I deleted my earlier comment because I had read your answer too fast and then realized that I was saying what you were saying.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2014

Hmm. I don't think that's quite the case, but it does lead me to another question - is your Confluence using JIRA as its user base? If it is, then the fact you're feeding JIRA from LDAP could be it...

Hi Nic, Thank you for your help thus far. Checking into your last question and comment. Will have to pick back up on this tomorrow, I am afraid. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events