How do I change a Content from Page to Meeting notes/How to article?

Callista Chuah November 20, 2014

I started a Page using the 'Blank Page' template. Is it possible to change to a different content type eg. 'Meeting notes' or 'How to article'?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2014

Hi callista,

I believe there's no way to accomplish that. Confluence have created the page with the blueprint and from what I could search, there's no bundled functionality to change a page to use another blueprint after it was created.

I've created this improvement to you: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-35712

I suggest to vote and comment there to increase popularity.

As a workaround, you could create the new page using the template you want and just copy and paste the contents of the old page to the new one.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

2 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

Really once the blueprint page is created for these the way it is distinguished as one of those pages is by the label on the page. So, if you just give it the correct label then it should be picked up the blueprint index page.

1 vote
nossrepasil March 16, 2017

Hello, Davin

Thanks for this tip. But could you please let us know that label to put. smile

In our Confluence we have many How to explanations but they have been created as blank pages. Hence, they don't turn up in the list of How to articles. Do I understand you correctly that by putting a specific label on the page, it will turn up in the list of How To:s?

So what is this magic label to get even the blank pages in the list?

Thanks,

Lisa 

Hello again, I have found the answer, I think. In our Confluence at least, labelling a page "kb-how-to-article" makes it appear in the list of How to articles.

Steven Bell July 10, 2018

All that was needed was to place the label `kb-how-to-article` on the page to have it be listed in the How-to article list. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events