How do I allow individual page editing?

Lisa Lee June 4, 2020

Can I grant a user permissions to edit a specific page or do I have to grant space permissions?

In this case the user already has space access, just can't edit the specific page within the space. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Krzysztof Daukszewicz [CoreSoft Labs]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 4, 2020

The user needs to have edit permission anyway. But besides that, you can restrict the pages / give exclusive edit rights via the lock icon on the page itself.

Lisa Lee June 4, 2020

There's currently no restrictions on the page so I don't really want to alter that. I'm just wondering if I can allow edit permissions to this user without restricting the page itself. I would think anyone that can view the page can also edit it so it seems I'm missing something.

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2020

@Lisa Lee 

The restrictions can be set very differently. If someone can read a page, it does not mean that they can also edit it.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/space-permissions-overview-139521.html

Lisa Lee June 4, 2020

Yes, but oddly on the page itself I see this:

Screen Shot 2020-06-04 at 2.00.46 PM.png

repi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2020

You should either set the restrictions for the entire space or for the corresponding page.
This is either within the individual page (ineffective) or for an entire space via the space permissions.
You use the appropriate user groups there, which you can create for each individual space (read rights, write-read rights, admin rights) and then assign the corresponding users.
When naming the group, you should choose the names so that you can quickly see for which space and with which rights the group is working. Example confluenc_spacename_r for read only and confluence_spacename_rw for read-write.
The addition confluence is practical for external user management to see which application the group stands for.

Example:

space_permissions.pngspace_permissions_restrictions.png

Lisa Lee June 5, 2020

Thanks so much for the great reply. Luckily I wrapped my brain around it eventually. I edited individual space permissions and solved the issue.

Thanks all

Krzysztof Daukszewicz [CoreSoft Labs]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 6, 2020

Good :) Glad that it helped.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events