How do I adjust the placement of the vertical bar when editing a wiki page?

Deleted user August 30, 2011

I'm using Confluence Version 3.5.1. When I go to any page and select Edit, the vertical bar that allows you to scroll up and down the code within the wiki page is in the middle of my screen (leaving me with a huge block of white space between the code\vertical bar and the Help Tips column) rather than at the far right edge next to the Help Tips column. This causes functionality like that performed by the Table Sharper Image to render very screwed up, even macros with a lot of parameters are rendered in the wiki markup quite horribly. Where do I find this setting to be able to use the entire white space as code space? Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Damian Knight August 31, 2011

This is caused by an incompatibility with Confluence and IE8's compatibility view, try disabling this for Confluence (or altogether) and see if that helps.

FYI the bug report for this is here: CONF-22078

Deleted user August 31, 2011

Yep, the scroll bar is in the proper place now in IE8 by following your suggestion and removing the compatibility view setting. Thanks!

TomC
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2011

Thank you Damian! That fixed worked for me and many whom I've sinced passed the fix onto in my organization are thankful as well. We are running IE8 as standard, and previously my 'fix' was running Firefox which like the mention above of Chrome, also doesn't exhibit this issue.

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2011

Yes, I see that IE 8 doesn't support that. I would guess that 9 would support it. I use Chrome and it does. However, which version of Confluence are you using? For me, both with IE8 and Chrome, the edit window resizes horizontally to fill my browser width, all the way across my 30" screen. I wonder if you have an add-in that is messing with IE. You might try to start IE with iexplore -extoff.

Well, running iexplore -extoff didn't help; however installing and running it on Chrome sure did! Thanks a million!

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2011

I have IE 7.0, running on XP SP3 and it doesn't work for me. Wow, I am really behind the times on IE, but I never use it. If you must use IE, then you might try an upgrade to 9.

0 votes
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 30, 2011

In the lower right corner of the edit window is a resize handle. Which browser, version and OS are you using?

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702, Windows XP Pro SP3, the handle does not appear for me, any suggestions?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events