How do I add shortcuts to the space sidebar?

Gilbert Trill August 17, 2022

I am trying to add a shortcut to the SHORTCUTS section of the Confluence sidebar.  There are existing shortcuts, but I have no way of adding new ones.  I have read the existing help articles and they are not working for me.  I have Admin permissions on the space I am trying to add a shortcut.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

Hi @Gilbert Trill in the sidebar of the Space, hover your mouse to the right of the SHORTCUTS heading close to the divider between the sidebar and pages. An Edit shortcuts button should appear for you to click, where you can add new or edit existing shortcuts. Here's a screenshot I took to demonstrate.

Add-Shortcut-ConfluenceSpace.png

Gilbert Trill August 17, 2022

Connor, you are a godsend!  I am sad to admit that I have spent hours trying to figure this out on my own.  Thank you!

Like Connor likes this
1 vote
Tad Foster March 7, 2024

In our DC 8.5.4 instance, you can find the Configure sidebar at the very bottom of Space tools list.

0 votes
Matt Johnson November 18, 2022

Hi @ConnorI have the same question but when I hover my mouse to the right of the SHORTCUTS heading close to the divider between the sidebar and pages, there's no edit shorcuts button. How do I add and edit a shortcut? 

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2022

Hi @Matt Johnson I believe you need space administrator permissions to add/edit shortcuts in the space sidebar. My understanding of that comes from this Confluence documentation which states:

Shortcuts are helpful or important pages that members of a space might need to get to often. These shortcuts added by the space administrator.

Space admins can link to pages in the space, other related spaces, or relevant external web content as well as reorder the shortcuts as needed.

Matt Johnson November 22, 2022

Hi @Connor , that worked, but now when I click on the "Edit shortcuts" link, add the web address and nickname, then click "Add Shortcut", the shortcut gets added in the Edit Shortcuts window, but when I click "Save", the shortcut doesn't get added under the SHORTCUTS heading. How do I fix this?

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2022

@Matt Johnson I'm not really sure, first thing I would do is ask another user to check whether they can see the shortcut in the sidebar.

Next I would logout and login, just to see if something about your user session needs to be refreshed.

Next I would click Edit shortcuts again, to check if the shortcut you created previously is still listed or not. If it's still listed then I would guess something about your browser might be preventing the shortcut from displaying, possibly an ad/tracker/cookie setting or blocking extension. If the shortcut is not listed in the edit screen, then I would try adding it again.

Finally if none of the above helped I would open a support issue with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events