Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add my user macro all exported PDFs?

iamkelsishayla April 19, 2020

I have created the macro for last edited date and now I need to add it to all PDFs when exported for Audit purposes. How do I do that?

Is it in global config>PDF stylesheet or something? I also have no idea about this type of stuff so a copy of exactly what to put and where would be helpful!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
iamkelsishayla April 21, 2020

A colleague and I managed to sort it out using CSS. Thank you :)

Philipp August 24, 2020

Oh, that sounds great. Could you please tell me how you did that?

I'm searching now for hours but I can't find a solution for the same problem you had. I'm at the same point. Made a user macro for the lastmodifier content.

Thanks! :)

Aisling Natola October 15, 2020

Could you let me know how you sorted this?

I am also trying to use my user macro on all exports for last date modified and version of page!

Thanks

2 votes
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 20, 2020

Hey @iamkelsishayla, to my knowledge, I believe you cannot include a User Macro into the PDF layout, especially when your macro won't be part of the content of the pages and it handles dynamic information - which apparently is what you want to achieve.

In your case, once you mentioned you're not familiar with this type of customization, I recommend you to read the documentation Customize Exports to PDF. Please note that this type of customization is limited to space exports

Changes to the PDF layout only apply to space exports, not to single page exports (via  > Export to PDF).  

I also recommend you to check out Marketplace apps such as Scroll PDF or Content Exporter. They will certainly make your life easier especially if you are new to CSS.

Well, that's my initial thought at least. I would be happy to hear what others have experienced with this type of customization/implementation.

Cheers.
IL

1 vote
Thomas Rough _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2020

Hi @iamkelsishayla , as mentioned by @Ivan Lima if you do consider using an app for your export requirements, Scroll PDF Exporter (which we, K15t, develop) will allow you to style your PDF exports.

Specifically, the app will let you format the structure of your exports, for instance, by allowing you to add placeholders such as for the Last modification date. I believe this is what you require.

If you're interested you can read more about the placeholders that you can add to your custom export template here. Furthermore, as you're probably aware you can trial app for free too from the Marketplace, so you can also easily evaluate if this would meet your needs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers, Thomas (K15t)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events