How do I add my Page Anchor to the Page Tree?

DJ August 10, 2022

Hi, I have a couple anchors in my Confluence Page. 

I want to be able to have these anchors appear in the Page Tree on the left side bar.

Like how Child Pages appear in the side-bar Page Tree.

Is this possible? I can't find a way to do this....

The current work around is creating a child page, and have that redirect to the page anchor. But the constant redirections affects the navigation experience.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Anchors are not pages, so they can't appear in the page tree.

There's no harm in splitting your pages into smaller ones though, so you can "page tree" it.

If you do that, there's a trick you can use.  Let's say you have a page like this:

• Title
    • Some content
    • Anchor 1 - AAA
      • Content 1
    • Anchor 2 - BBB
      • Content 2
    • Anchor 3 - CCC
      • Content 3
    • Some more stuff

Your page tree would just have "Title" in it.

Change this so you have four pages

• Page 1 - AAA
    • Content 1
  • Page 2 - BBB
    • Content 2
  • Page 3 - CCC
    • Content 3

Nest those three under Title page, and have this page read

• Title
    • {table of content macro} 
    • Some content
    • {include: AAA}
    • {include: BBB}
    • {include: CCC}
    • Some more stuff
DJ August 11, 2022

Thank you! Didn't realize there is an include macro...

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

Yeah, that one was near the top of the list of things that made me adopt Confluence as my favourite wiki and authoring solution (Note, I am a "light" author, like most people, I don't need 99.9% of the functions in a word processor or professional documentation system)

Just that ability to say "show me that text as though it's part of this page" is so useful, it can kill off 99.9% of "re-invent the wheel" and "diverge from the approved stuff as it changes" problems.

You might want to look at the excerpt and excerpt-include macros too.  My first use of them was to build a "server summary" page that lived over the top of a huge pile of "server detail" pages.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events