How do I add custom properties to a theme?

Web_Administrator May 22, 2019

I know that custom colors schemes can be added to a custom theme (which would let admins select between multiple color schemes) - can I add other custom properties? For example, I'd like to add the ability to type in a name (a dropdown would be even better, but that's not critical) to switch between custom headers between spaces. If this is possible, how do I reference them in my theme? I'd love to be able to look this stuff up, but there's REALLY sparse documentation on building custom themes.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 29, 2019

Hello,

From what I’m understanding if you want to create a custom theme outside of the options currently available within the product. If this is your goal then you’ll need to review creating a Confluence theme as an app. This type of information will be readily available within the Developer documentation which may be found at Confluence server developer | Writing a Confluence theme. This guide will walk you through creating a customer theme for Confluence.

If you run into any issues along the way please reach out and let us know how we may be able to assist.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Web_Administrator May 29, 2019

I am already creating a custom theme as an app.

What I can't find anywhere is any developer documentation where I can look some of these things up. I'd like to be able to add to the custom theme I'm developing a few custom properties (exactly like how the custom colors work) that would let my administrative users select various things about the theme (such as a background for their space, etc.).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events