How do I add a response to a task?

Andrew Pemberton February 8, 2021

We have set up tasks in our project wiki space, which we can assign, date and mark as complete. We would like to add the ability to put notes or a response (i.e. how it was completed) against a task.

I welcome any suggestions :)

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 9, 2021

@Andrew Pemberton 

Welcome to the community.  

There is not really a great way to do this.  You can however use the inline comments feature in confluence to add comments on a specific task that can be reviewed on the page.  The user would have to be on the confluence page that the task resides on and high light the task.  They will then have the option to add an inline comment that others can click and add comments to as well.

Capture.jpg

Andrew Pemberton February 12, 2021

Hi, thanks, I have been using it for a little while now and am just starting to push the boundaries of the interesting stuff :)

Thank you for this suggestion, I took it back to my team and the engineering manager had found an alternative that he prefers as these comments only show up on the page where the task exists not on the task tracking pages. The manager also got rid of my comment by effectively closing the comment as per the page review process.

What we have implemented instead is to put bullets underneath each action that then allows for multiple updates against the task and these bullets are pulled through to the higher level reporting as below

image.png

Maggie Trinh February 14, 2024

Hi Andrew, I like the idea of the bullet points underneath each action item, however this doesn't seem to be possible when viewing outstanding action items at the Task Report level? I was hoping we could add additional bullet points within the Task in the Task Report that would automatically show up in corresponding meeting notes. So the other way around I guess :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events