How do I add a date picker

Elizabeth Redding October 21, 2019

I am trying to add an option in a table for someone to choose a date from viewing a calendar.  How do I do that please?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi Elizabeth,

the easiest way is just write down two slashes // (in the edit mode) - the datepicker then appears.

Eventually you can use the top menu: Insert more content (plus sign) -> Date.

Elizabeth Redding October 21, 2019

Thank you Hana.  I do understand how to get a static date. Let me try to describe it a different way.  I am creating a table to use as a fillable form.  Column 1 lists the questions. In column 2, I want to insert pre-formatted fields so someone can answer the questions from column 1.  For example, I want the user to reply with a short text field.  Or, I want the user to pick a date by pulling down a calendar to choose a date.  Or, I want to have the user choose an option from a pull-down menu.  How do I "format" column 2 rows so that I can get a specific response from the user?  

Also I read your response as two slashes //, is a "code" that will get a date picker. Do you have a guide that shows all the "codes" in the edit mode?

Hopefully this makes sense.  

Thank you again!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2019

Hi Elizabeth,

thank you for the clarification.

It sounds to me, that you need to create custom forms for your users. I would recommend you to use some add-on like:

Multivote macro in Confluence is very simple and has only limited functionality.

Nice page about shortcuts etc. is this one: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/keyboard-shortcuts-markdown-and-autocomplete-724764956.html

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Redding October 23, 2019

Thank you!

Okwute419 September 22, 2022

Have you tried using ConfiForms?

1 vote
I_A March 4, 2023

Hello,

is there a possibility to create that date picker with native confluence functions ?

Maybe as user macro ?

1 vote
Stiltsoft Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2022

Hello @Elizabeth Redding 

It looks like our Handy Macros for Confluence can help you. It has many macros in a bundle, including Handy Date and Handy Status to create date pickers and dropdowns that can be switched in the page view mode.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events