How do I access the Column Macro?

Christopher Combes February 24, 2019

I don't see the options described in the following document using the "new editor" for Confluence Cloud...

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/confluence-editing-improvements-945107733.html

How can I get to it?

It appears there is an option to have a single column which may fix some of my concerns with the new editor.

This is what I see...

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 9.43.47 AM.png

It appears I can add a table and then remove all but a single row and column but I would rather add a section of one column which I think is more appropriate.

Thanks,

Chris

1 answer

1 vote
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Christopher,

By default, the layout in the new editor is one column down the middle of the page, but if you select the columns macro then it will display similar to your example.

Are you trying to add a single column in layout mode or are you actually trying to add a table? 

Can you show me what your screen looks like when you first go to create a page with the new editor?

Regards,

Shannon

Christopher Combes February 26, 2019

Thanks, Shannon.  That makes sense that it starts as a single column.  I think what I am looking for is the previous editor experience where I can simply enter text that is left-aligned and the full width of the page.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 27, 2019

Christopher,

That behavior is part of the old editor, and is not possible in the new one.

Have a look at the following thread, where my colleague Diego has a reply about that:

The new editing experience will be distributed to all customers eventually. Currently, the only way of having the previous editing experience is by using the Legacy Editor Template.

And yes, eventually the old editor will be removed from the editing options. All content should be migrated to the new style.

With your requests in mind, I raised this request:

CONFCLOUD-65654 | Choose Between Editor View Style

The request aims at having the option to switch between view styles, not between editors. This means that the editor would be the same but viewing could be changed.

I hope this helps clarify your question.

Regards,

Shannon

Like Christopher Combes likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events