It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How could you create a cross-reference to images and tables

I used the macro here: http://webapps.stackexchange.com/questions/25783/how-to-create-automatically-numbered-figure-captions-in-atlassian-confluence to create captions for my tables and images, but now I'm trying to create a Word like cross-reference to the caption. The cross reference macro works, but only if the cross reference macro comes after the already processed caption macro. Is there a way to force the caption macros to be processed first? This is what I have so far:

## Macro title: Cross Reference 
## Macro has a body: N 
## 
## Developed by: Dave Humeniuk
## Date created: 8/Jul/2013 
## Installed by: Dave Humeniuk 
## This is an example macro 
## @param AnchorName:title=Anchor Name|type=string|required=true|desc=Anchor name of the table or figure caption 
## @param Label:title=Label|type=string|required=false|desc=Label to add to the link 

#set ($fullLabel = $req.getAttribute("xrefMap").get($paramAnchorName))

<![CDATA[$fullLabel]]>

1 answer

0 votes
Olivier Deschambault Aug 20, 2013

Have you been able to find an answer to your question? If yes, could you share that answer, please?

Thanks

Unfortunately not really. I was able to get something working on a per page basis, but not over multiple pages that would be exported to PDF. I have basically scraped the idea for now.

Unfortunately not really. I was able to get something working on a per page basis, but not over multiple pages that would be exported to PDF. I have basically scraped the idea for now.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

6 Awesome Ways to Apply Trello, JIRA and Confluence to your Project

I attended  Atlassian Summit 2019  and learned a lot from the presenters, attendees and knowledgeable Atlassian product managers. The presentations I attended focused on applying Agile, pla...

2,504 views 11 28
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you