Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come unrestricted pages aren't allowing people to upload a document?

Sara Harper October 8, 2019

A page on our site has unrestricted access. However, I'm getting multiple messages from users who state they are able to upload/download the document but can't make changes and then re-upload that same document? They need to be able to do this so I'm curious why this isn't working. 

2 answers

0 votes
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

I agree with @Davin Studer 

Please have a look at page restrictions.

Regards

Dominic

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Actually I think @Sara Harper issue has to do with space permissions not page restrictions.

Like Dominic Lagger likes this
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2019

The link was only there to read, that you can't open the permissions further with page restrictions :)

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 8, 2019

Page restrictions do not add or grant edit permissions. Just because a page is unrestricted does not mean everyone will be able to edit it. Page restrictions limit those who can view or edit a page from the pool of people that already have view/edit access to the page. The issue probably has to do with space permissions. There are permission points for page edit/create, page delete, attachment edit/create, and attachment delete.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events