Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come I cannot attach certain documents?

Mae Golden June 24, 2015

I use Confluence.  I am not able to attach:

• .pdf
  • .doc.
  • .asp
  • .xlxs

Why is that?  I can attach .html.  I am collaborating with someone else.  Both of us are administrators, but the other person can add any attachment they need.

3 answers

0 votes
Mae Golden July 23, 2015

Ok, I found out the answer and remedy to my issue.

Answer:  In some cases the links I was trying to attach were not complete, in that I had copied the full address of the attachment, but had highlighted the bullet for instances.  So I had to be more careful. 

In other cases the link I was trying to copy was broken, so I was attempting to link a broken link.  I had to make sure the address was correct first, especially if I was using 'Copy Link Location'.

Remedy:  After doing the above if I pasted the link and then click 'Insert' the action froze or didn't attach.  I had to place the cursor at the end of the address, then using the directional arrow point to the left, move the cursor to the beginning of the address.  Then I could click 'Insert' and the document would attach.

Weird?!!  Yeah, I know, but now everything I attempt to attach does so.

Thanks!

0 votes
Mae Golden June 25, 2015

Hi Vickey,

Thanks for your reply, but I don't understand its meaning.  I was not aware that attachments had size limitations.  In addition, this does not explain why my partnering collaborator is able to attach these documents and I am not.

Thanks!

0 votes
Vickey Lepcha June 24, 2015

I hope you've checked your attachment size limits

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events