It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can you unpublish pages?

I needed to see how my page looked published so I published and now want to unpublish the page so others can't see it.  How can I do that?

1 answer

Hi @Pat Hauser ,

It is always recommended to use Preview Option to see how will be page look once it is published.

Currently, you can not revert back to unpublished state and you will be able to revert  back to last version of the page.

Also you can try out a workaround to avoid duplicate pages and to have unpublished page for the same. Please try this workaround on test space or instance to check whether it will meet your requirement or not.

1. Access the affected page
  2. Enter edit mode
  3. Copy all the page content
  4. Exit edit mode
  5. Create a new page
  6. Paste the content
  7. Do not publish the page
  8. Go back to the affected page
  9. Delete it
  10. Proceed to keep working with the newly created page

Thanks,

Avinash

This is a bit much to just unpublish and existing page.. is there an easier way to just decommission a page without having to cut and paste content?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What project did you transition or start on Confluence with the shift to remote work?

It’s been great to hear from fellow users over the last few weeks about the best tips and fun moments you’ve had working on Confluence since the transition to working remote. I’d love to keep the c...

159 views 3 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you