Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you unpublish pages?

Pat Hauser October 15, 2019

I needed to see how my page looked published so I published and now want to unpublish the page so others can't see it.  How can I do that?

5 answers

2 votes
George Tunnicliffe January 12, 2021

Has somebody created a feature request to undo this? Accidentally published a document that needed a 'launch' and had to do all the copy and paste.

On the face of it...doesn't seem difficult

1 vote
Brad Swerdfeger February 28, 2022

Worst case, please just add a confirm state to the initial publish. It is really easy to mis-click that due to muscle memory.

1 vote
Dwight Aalse December 21, 2021

Maybe using the lock 🔒 to apply restrictions can help restrict access to the page.

0 votes
John Tolle July 10, 2023

I'm not sure why this hasn't been created already (as in many years ago!) but I put in a support request which was then converted to a feature request you can all vote on and watch (and please do whether you were already participating above or just found this in a web search):

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-76140

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2019

Hi @Pat Hauser ,

It is always recommended to use Preview Option to see how will be page look once it is published.

Currently, you can not revert back to unpublished state and you will be able to revert  back to last version of the page.

Also you can try out a workaround to avoid duplicate pages and to have unpublished page for the same. Please try this workaround on test space or instance to check whether it will meet your requirement or not.

1. Access the affected page
  2. Enter edit mode
  3. Copy all the page content
  4. Exit edit mode
  5. Create a new page
  6. Paste the content
  7. Do not publish the page
  8. Go back to the affected page
  9. Delete it
  10. Proceed to keep working with the newly created page

Thanks,

Avinash

Mohamed Shakir May 22, 2020

This is a bit much to just unpublish and existing page.. is there an easier way to just decommission a page without having to cut and paste content?

Like # people like this
Jason Smith August 5, 2020

Agree with too much to unpublish, it is something I also had to learn the hard way (this is what happens when you have no training and self teach - well in mi instance lol).

The way he outlined is the only way currently. Copy all content to new page and don't publish.

To "Preview" a page it is at the ellipsis at the bottom right of the screen, see image below for example.

Page.png

Lorena September 7, 2020

Agreed. This is absurd. Maybe a page needs to be temporarily removed (unpublish) before it can go live again. I was so sure that when I googled I would find some hidden setting somewhere that would do this, but not this ridiculous work around.

Like # people like this
Kelly Becker August 11, 2023

With layout, you can't copy all.  I just had to archive an accidently published complex page and now have to figure out how to find time to best recreate it one element at a time. Ugh.

Scott Davis August 31, 2023

Looking back at this being requested for the past 4/5 years and wondering why it's not yet done. Simple feature, thousands of use cases. @Kelly Becker makes a perfect point that this doesn't work with a full layout. 

Please add a very simple 'Unpublish' button.

Like Amanda Simpson likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events