How can you reference parent page in Excerpt Include Macro in template?

Lana Decker August 8, 2017

I want to be able to use Excerpt (macro) from a parent page when a report about this page is created using Create from template macro.

My use case: Parent page is a project tracking page with a summary, deliverables, and detailed requirements. 

I want to be able to create a weekly report from Create from Template macro - and include Action Items and Deliverables Status sections (both set as Excerpts) from parent page to this report. 

I cannot write User Macro due to Cloud Confluence limitation. 

What are my options?

4 answers

0 votes
Alexander Wirtz December 7, 2021

Hey, not for you Lena but I created a custom user macro for this.

## Developed by: Felix Schäfer & Alexander Wirtz
## Date created: 07/12/202

## @noparams

#set($parentId = $pageManager.getPage($content.id).parent.getContentId().asLong())
#set ($requestedPage = $pageManager.getPage($parentId).getTitle())

#if ($parentId)

<ac:macro ac:name="excerpt-include" ac:schema-version="1">
<ac:parameter ac:name="nopanel">true</ac:parameter>
<ac:default-parameter>$requestedPage</ac:default-parameter>

</ac:macro>

#else
Cannot show tasks on parent page because this page has no parent.
#end

0 votes
Alexander Wirtz December 6, 2021

I have the same requirement but for confluence server / data center. Did you found a solution?

0 votes
Lana Decker August 10, 2017

If it is for the Cloud version - definitely yes!

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2017

Yes, of course!

0 votes
Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2017

I'm working on something to make this possible, but it would probably be a part of a paid add-on (at the lowest price I can set it), along with some other useful features. Would you be interested?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events