Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can you prevent users from completing tasks not assigned to them?

Leanne August 25, 2016

I am able to create and assign tasks to particular users. However, I cannot seem to prevent other users from completing tasks that are not assigned to them.

Does anybody have any insight into locking down task permissions? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2016

The only way I'm aware you could do this is through page permissions, but that would lock down the whole page - including all the tasks on it - to a specific user or set of users.

It might be fiddly, but you could create a single page per task (with page permissions) and use the Page Properties Report Macro to pull them all into a single page. The report respects page permissions, so only the assigned user can complete them on that page.

Leanne August 26, 2016

That makes sense! The only drawback is I was wanting this to be a collaborative effort in which all members of the team could see the progress of the project. I could lock down the permissions to the page to a group of folks and hope they don't go click happy on other people's tasks smile

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events