How can we restore backup from mysql database

Rakesh Kumar Srivastava December 26, 2018

I have sql file. I want to restore my data of confluence. How can we do that? When i import all tables and data from sql file, it gives error.

1 answer

1 vote
Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2018

Hi @Rakesh Kumar Srivastava,

Thank you for your inquire.

It is important to notice that there is a dependency between database and filesystem, meaning that if you have created content on Confluence, creating a database dump may not be enough, resulting in data loss (because you no longer have data stored in <confluence-home> directory. Further information can be found in Restoring Data from other Backups

For reasons above mentioned, I would kindly suggest you on reviewing Site Backup and Restore documentation for further information.

Regarding on the issue you are experiencing, would be possible for you to share the error you have mentioned - When i import all tables and data from sql file, it gives error. If you consider this as confidential information, then I would suggest you raising a Support Case with Atlassian Support so they can provide you with the assistance you need.

Kind regards,

Rafael

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events