How can we provision access that allows a user to edit only one child page in a Confluence space?

Rajiv Menon September 26, 2019

Hello, I have a Confluence space which is opened to a core group of people for editing. I would like to open up one single child page alone to an additional user.

Is the only way to do this :

1. Provide the additional user edit permissions on the full space?
  2. Add restrictions on each child page within this space, individually, to only allow my core group to edit?

This approach works but seems to be very time-consuming. Isnt there an option where we can only allow the additional user edit permissions on the specific child page alone versus giving them edit access to everything and then manually applying restrictions to all other child pages?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and/or responding!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2019

Hi @Rajiv Menon ,

Welcome to the community. 

Your assumption is right, you have to give that user access to the whole space and restrict all other pages to your core team.

Rajiv Menon September 27, 2019

Thank you for confirming, Bastian...

I wonder why it was implemented in this fashion - I'll try to find some information on that.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2019

Confluence is designed to share information, not to hide it from others. 

And to keep the permissions simple and manageable, they decided to do it this way, I guess.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events