How can we make our space visible to all users with Charter issued PID?

Cynthia.Colon January 18, 2023

Hello- my boss has tasked me with seeing how we can set our teams space up where its accessible to all and not have the need to individually add people? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

Hi @Cynthia.Colon,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You do that by setting the space permissions to either a group that everyone belongs to, or you can open it up for anonymous access. Have a look at this KB for more information.

Hi Mikael, thanks for the quick response! So i'm trying to use the group search in permissions to see if there's an option for all employees but I dont see anything. Any recommendations? 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 18, 2023

It depends on if you are using an external user directory or not. If you are using an external user directory that is linked to Atlassian you could create a group there and add all employees to it and then sync that group over to Atlassian. If you are not using an external user directory you could use the group called confluence-users which is the default access group that everyone gets added to if they are assigned access to Confluence. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

If you are not giving Confluence access to every employee you would have to use anonymous access instead, since it is only users that have an Confluence license that can access spaces by default.

Mikael! that did it, adding all confluence users was successful. thank you soooo much! 

also, just out of curiosity. Does confluence have the option to setup video calls with folks like yourself to discuss improving our teams space? I've only been able to find a handful of tutorial training videos on macros and setting up a space and reading material.  

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 18, 2023

There is nothing in out-of-the-box Confluence that allow you to do that. There are Atlassian Partners that can do that for you. One that comes to mind is Brikit, but I am not sure if they work with Cloud instances or just Data Center. Have a look at https://www.atlassian.com/partners and you will find partners that can help. And you can also ask here on the Community, I know there are a lot of people here that have more experience in content design than I do as and admin.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events