Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can we edit confluence cloud templates with the new editor

Engin Mahmut October 11, 2018

We are using confluence cloud version. After the new editor update, when we open the meeting note template as standart new editor appears, but while editing the meeting template old version of editor appears.

How can we fix this problem, many thanks.

this is the meeting note template appears with old editor when I want to edit it

old editor when editing meeting template.PNG

new editor I wantnew editor.PNG

3 answers

1 vote
Kesha Thill
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 29, 2018

Hi @Engin Mahmut

This is a known issue with the new editor that's actively being addressed by our team and you should see a fix soon. Feel free to follow this ticket for updates!

Charisma Riley November 18, 2019

@Kesha Thillwe are still having this problem; the template editor uses the classic editor. Also, it does not appear that the ticket you've linked above (61345) is for this issue, but rather for "Meeting notes template is uneditable." Moreover, the ticket does not appear to reference the issue being described here, that templates still use the classic editor. If you could post the ticket that applies to this issue, I would love to track it. Thank you!

0 votes
Simon Baumeler April 13, 2022

Had the same issue. You can create templates empty in the old editor and then used the convert button on the list of templates to get the new editor.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2018

Hi there, Engin.

I can confirm that Edit feature in Confluence Cloud (as of today - October 15, 2018) shows the new Editor layout. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-15 at 12.31.04.png

Can you please double confirm if you are seeing the same layout on your end too?

Mads October 26, 2018

I can not confirm it, my end. 26/10, 11:31 CEST. Old editor for templates. Firefox if that matters. Sort of annoying, as shortcuts are different.

billede.png

Charisma Riley November 18, 2019

We are still experiencing this issue. Could this be because we can still create pages with the Classic editor (Pages that use the new editor can currently only be created by specifically selecting the "Try the new editing experience" template during page creation.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events