How can the Synchronisation in LDAP authentication in conflunce 4 be stopped?

Hi,

I have installed Confluence 4 on Linux system and have configured confluence to use LDAP authentication. While logging into confluence, the synchronisation process starts and it throws timelimit exceeded or sizelimit exceed exceptios. I changed LDAP filters accordingly and set synchronise interval to 1 hour. Nothing works out to make the login successful. Everytime I login to confluence, the synchronisation starts.Can anyone tell me how to stop the synchronisation process or any other solutions to fix this issue?

Exception details are given below.

INFO [scheduler_Worker-7] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache synchronisation for directory [ 589825 ] starting
2011-09-30 11:05:39,162 INFO [scheduler_Worker-7] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory] synchroniseCache full synchronisation complete in [ 61696ms ]
2011-09-30 11:05:39,176 ERROR [scheduler_Worker-7] [atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller] pollChanges Error occurred while refreshing the cache for directory [ 589825 ].
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: org.springframework.ldap.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]; nested exception is javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]; remaining name ''
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.searchEntitiesWithRequestControls(SpringLDAPConnector.java:383)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.searchEntities(SpringLDAPConnector.java:351)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.searchUserObjects(SpringLDAPConnector.java:541)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.searchUsers(SpringLDAPConnector.java:910)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.findAllRemoteUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:41)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.synchroniseAllUsers(RemoteDirectoryCacheRefresher.java:60)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.ldap.cache.AbstractCacheRefresher.synchroniseAll(AbstractCacheRefresher.java:40)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingRemoteDirectory.synchroniseCache(DbCachingRemoteDirectory.java:619)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.DirectorySynchroniserImpl.synchronise(DirectorySynchroniserImpl.java:63)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.DbCachingDirectoryPoller.pollChanges(DbCachingDirectoryPoller.java:50)
at com.atlassian.crowd.manager.directory.monitor.poller.DirectoryPollerJobBean.executeInternal(DirectoryPollerJobBean.java:29)
at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:86)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:199)
at com.atlassian.confluence.schedule.quartz.ConfluenceQuartzThreadPool$1.run(ConfluenceQuartzThreadPool.java:15)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:549)
Caused by: org.springframework.ldap.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]; nested exception is javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]; remaining name 'ou=bluepages,o=ibm.com'
at org.springframework.ldap.support.LdapUtils.convertLdapException(LdapUtils.java:149)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:319)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:237)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:624)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:535)
at com.atlassian.crowd.directory.SpringLDAPConnector.searchEntitiesWithRequestControls(SpringLDAPConnector.java:379)
... 14 more
Caused by: javax.naming.TimeLimitExceededException: [LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]; remaining name ''
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNamingEnumeration.getNextBatch(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNamingEnumeration.hasMoreImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapNamingEnumeration.hasMore(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.ldap.core.LdapTemplate.search(LdapTemplate.java:295)
... 18 more

Thanks a lot

Suguna

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Suguna,
I believe you will find the answer at the following knowledge base article.

LDAP Sync Fails due to LDAP Error Code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded

Basically, we increase the timeout to accomidate the time taken to retrieve results. Alternativly, we could estblish the direcotry to be a delegated direcotry. What this would mean is that the direcotry no longer synchs and retrieves the users information upon login. To do so, create a new user direcotry and select 'delegatd' and enter the info as you normally would.

Cheers,
Andrew

This widget could not be displayed.

Another option to avoid synchronization problemas between Confluence and LDAP is to use Delegated instead of Connector. Basically Delegated will import the LDAP user in its first login, while connector synchronizes: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

610 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you