How can one freeze panes in a Confluence table for readability?

John Zola December 10, 2019

My intent is to collect data from a number of individuals where the Confluence table has several columns and several rows.  For readability and updatability, I would like to freeze panes on the table (specific row and column).  

3 answers

1 vote
Monaz Yasoubi March 27, 2021

Hello, for Legacy editor is there any solution to freeze the first row of a table?

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

Hi @Monaz Yasoubi ,

As it was mentioned before, the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app and its Table Filter macro allow you to freeze one or several first rows/columns to make your tables readable.

Like # people like this
Monaz Yasoubi April 2, 2021

Hello , thanks for response. But for legacy editor I did not find Table filter. It is available for new editor version. 

Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Maybe you just don't have the app installed for your Confluence - ask your Confluence administrator to check.

1 vote
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2019

Confluence tables have sticky headers by default, but there are not sticky columns.

Table Filter macro has Feeze first N rows/columns option. You can play with this option on the demo site.

0 votes
Patrick O_Connell December 10, 2019

I say this as someone on server 6.9.0, with zero third-party macros installed. You can "freeze" rows for when an end user is scrolling a table, by designating them as header rows.

I'm not aware of any way to freeze columns in Confluence, but see above re: zero macros. Perhaps a third party has come up with something?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events