How can links in one space (that is made public) can be viewed without the need to log in

Admin April 2, 2024

Hi, we created a space which is our main portal for all employees. This space is now made public. I have also turned all the sub pages under that space public. But whenever I do a trial, the links are not working and its asking me to login. Is there any way to do this without copy pasting the public link of each page one by one and sending it to the employees for them to access.

It will be such an effective space if it's just one link, then once they go to this space, they can simply click on these links to get to where they want to go. Thank you!

Please see screenshot of the space and the links included in it. Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 3.49.25 pm.png

2 answers

2 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2024

@Admin , hello.

When you write "This space is now made public. " do you mean that the space permission setup is to allow anonymous users to view the contents of the space like this?

2024-04-03_09-30-02.png

It works in my personal space on the Standard license. If this is not checked, your space will not be available without login - unless you use public links as @Sebastian Krzewiński suggested.

However, using public links only exposes one page at a time and your users will not be able to use the site as portal.

If you are reluctant to make your space available for anonymous users, you can use an app like Scroll Viewport which can create a publicly available portal from a non-public Confluence space. You can also use the app to create a portal that your users can access with your company's SSO.

Admin April 3, 2024

Hi Kristian,

Thank you! Yes, I have executed that step under the space permissions. As a trial using my phone, I am able to view it, but unable to view the links included in it.

So sad to hear that there's no option to make that possible. 

I will check on the Scroll Viewport. Hopefully that would work for us! =)

1 vote
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2024
Admin April 3, 2024

Hi Sebastian,

Yes, I have. I also applied it on all the sub pages under that space and copied each public links. For now, I created a one pager with all the links in it.

I was hoping to only use one space and include all the topics we need through the links.

I am slowly finding confluence a bit not user friendly, but will try the suggestions and hopefully it works. 

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events