How can in influence the size of an image when exported to pdf?

Scott Eade May 3, 2016

No matter what I do the images on my Confluence pages are reduced in size when I export the to PDF. The size attribute seems to affect the way the image appears on the page, but when I export to PDF there is an annoying reduction in image size.

Is there a way (macro or otherwise) of gaining some control over the image size when exporting to PDF?

2 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Soronen August 22, 2016

I have a similar problem.  I have two images in different cells of the table (same column).  All is fine on the screen where i have the following images:

Empty box image (like a checkbox):  checkbox.png

Signature box (in last row of table only: box.png

Everything appears fine on the page, but when exported to PDF, the squares seen above are enlarged to the width of the rectangles.   Something is wrong here.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 20, 2016

Hi Scott,

I just stumbled onto the same problem. I've got a quite big image in a table and PDF export always shrinks the image although there's enough space.
The printed page than has got a big right margin that could have been used by the image, but isn't.

Isn't there anybody out there who can help? @Steffen Heller, perhaps?

Cheers,
Kirstin

Steffen Heller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

I again also stumbled upon this, thought there had been some workaround somewhere but can't remember/retrace/whatever.

Are we talking about images that are supposed to be 100% page width but do in fact only cover about 80% of the page width?

So, mein question would be:
How do I force an image to show with 100% page width?

Tried this, but nothing seems to work:

div.landscape {
page: landscape;
width: 148%;
}

@page landscape {
size: A4 landscape;
}

/* for tables */
.wiki-content .landscape table.confluenceTable {
width: 100%;
table-layout: auto;
}

/* for images */
.wiki-content .landscape p img, .wiki-content .landscape h1 img, .wiki-content .landscape img {
width: 27cm;
-fs-fit-images-to-width: 7.75in;
}

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events