Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i upgrade confluence from 5.0 to 5.6.5

Administrateur Confluence December 17, 2014

Hello,

I installed Confluence 5.0 - EAR / WAR (ZIP Archive), I want to upgrade it to 5.6.5.
Can you please provide me the procedure to do this migration.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2014

You can also give a try to the manual procedure of the upgrade, once you have the upgrade path in mind:

(!) Before jumping to the standard procedures form a upgrade, we suggest the users to check the plugin compatibility with the next versions :https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Checking+Add-on+Compatibility+with+Application+Updates. With that in mind, we can start the upgrade process by following the standard procedures:

1. Go to atlassian.com and download Confluence: https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download-archives 
  2. Extract the zip/tar.gz file of the latest version of Confluence on the place you choose. ( I highly suggest that you create a folder call: Confluence 'new version') and inside of this folder extract the install folder.
  3. Into the extracted folder, open the file confluence-init.properties, which is located at Confluence install directory\confluence\web-inf\classes and edit the line: confluence.home=/usr/local/confluence/home to point to the path where is your old home folder of your *Confluence current version*.
  4. Now start Confluence through your new installation folder

Hope it helps ya!

Cheers, 

Giuliano

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2014
Administrateur Confluence December 18, 2014

Can I go directly from 5.0 to 5.6.5 without going through the 5.1,5.2, ...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2014

In theory, yes. But the upgrade routines assume a standard Confluence with no tweaks, and there aren't really a lot of those around! In practice: Read the release notes for each big version (5.1, 5.2, 5.3 etc) in case there's anything that might affect you. Then do the same for ALL user-installed plugins you've got and want to keep. Then, set up a test system and test it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events