How can i disable export to word?

Derek Greene June 24, 2014

I don't want users to be able to export pages or spaces to word or PDF. I've disabled the PDF plugin, but can't seem to find a way to disable export to word. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

Hi Derek,

Try this :

• Open up confluence admin

• Go to Custom HTML option & edit.
  • Paste the following code into the HEADER section
<style type="text/css">
#action-export-word-link{ display: none}
</style>

What it does is that it over-rides the default CSS and make it disappear!

I tried this and this works.

Ref : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/40433/can-i-disable-the-word-export-functionality-but-still-use-pdf-export-functionality

Derek Greene June 25, 2014

THANK YOU!!!!

Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2014

You are welcome. Could you also please accept my answer as well by enabling the green checkmark near my answer?

0 votes
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 25, 2014

Hello Derek, it is not very visible, from the Confluence Admin > Manage Add-Ons > Choose 'System'in the drop down. Than look for the Page Operations Add-On, expand the item and you will find the Export as Word(wordexport) component, which can be disabled.

Derek Greene June 25, 2014

Thank you - however there is not an option to disable that component. How do I do that?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events