How can i delete or rename a space?

Andreas Sachs November 2, 2019

Hello,

i use the free version of confluence in the cloud.

During setup i was ask to create a space. I entered "Testbereich". Two spaces where automatically created.

Name: Testbereich, key: testbereic

Name: Testbereich, key: testbereic1

How can i delete or rename one of them?

I also added more spaces afterwards. For these spaces i found the place where i can edit or delete them. But the buttons are not present for the spaces added during "setup".

image.png

image.png

2 answers

2 votes
Avinash Bhagawati {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Hi @Andreas Sachs ,

In Cloud free, there is open bug with Atlassian to delete some spaces in confluence.Below is bug for your reference and your space Name: Testbereich, key: testbereic1 seems to be affected by this bug.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68319

Also with respect to your other space Name: Testbereich, key: testbereic you can delete the space with following steps and you need to be space admin to delete the space.

To delete a space: Go to space and choose Space Tools > Overview from the bottom of the sidebar > Choose Delete Space > Choose OK.

delete space.png

Thanks,

Avinash

Andreas Sachs November 3, 2019

Thank's for the reference to the existing bug report. It's the same problem.

Furthermore two spaces with identical name where created during "setup". I'm not the admin of these spaces. That means that i cannot rename one of them and i cannot distinguish them if the key is not displayed.

Avinash Bhagawati {Appfire}
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2019

Yes @Andreas Sachs , you can distinguish with only space key and you require space admin access to edit space name.

1 vote
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2019

Hi @Andreas Sachs

As you're not the "Space Admin" you can't edit the name or delete the space. I tried it and couldn't locate an option to change the Space Admin or access based on the free space (which has restricted options to change permissions).

I've asked someone else more in the know - will let you know what they come back with :)

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events