Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i create jira issues directly in the Product Requirements pages

Jake Bishop December 3, 2013

The new version of confluence says that you can create jira issues directly in a Product Requirements page. Apparently you just highlight the text and a context menu opens showing 2 buttons: one to quote the text and one to create an issue.

However, this does not work for me. When i highlight the text it only offers the Quote button. Is there something i'm missing?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jake Bishop December 5, 2013

A new day... suddenly it is working.
Maybe it was some sort of caching problem.

2 votes
Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

Well, not sure if it's an answer, but after messing with our setup all day, I pinned down the intermittent works/doesn't work to if I'm linking to an epic or not. I have always gotten the quote/create an issue in jira popup when I select text (since rolling to the correct versions of Jira & Confluence), but I would click "create" and nothing would happen. Two changes seemed to make the difference:

1) Remote API was disabled in Jira - the logs told me that, fixed.

2) Linking to a epic is also a show stopper. As soon as I uncheck "link to an epic", it works fine.

Did either of these apply to you?

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2013

A comment on my reply - has anyone else seen the behavior where "create" does nothing until you uncheck linking to the epic?

Jake Bishop December 10, 2013

Adding to epics works ok for me. (not that that helps you, just fyi... sorry)

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2013

Thanks, this does help. It means something is wrong with out setup. We're on Jira 6.1.4 and Confluence 5.4; while we have made changes to the basic workflow, I can create stories just fine from a table in Confluence, I just can't link to an epic.

Nothing in the logs, either. The create button depresses, then comes back up.

btokarchuk January 21, 2014

Hey Kelly, did you ever solve your problem? I have the exact same problem with not being able to create stories if i have the "link to epic" checkbox selected.

btokarchuk January 21, 2014

Kelly, did you ever figure out why you couldn't have "link to epic" selected? I have the exact same problem.

Kelly Schoenhofen
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2014

I haven't made a new requirements doc in a few weeks, I'll try it again in the next day or so and see if it's acting the same.

btokarchuk January 22, 2014

Hey Kelly, I put in a support request and they responded saying it's a known bug. See CONF-31870 (their spam filter won't let me paste the link in a comment). They suggested that I vote on the issue to improve it's chances of getting fixed sooner.

0 votes
SallyD December 5, 2013

I'm having difficulties with this feature also. I am NOT using On Demand. I have my own installation of both Jira and Confluence with app links between the two.

When I select text in the requirements table then click the icon to create a Jira, I get a Create Issue pop-up dialog. The first field in that dialog is a selection list that simply reads 'Select.' The second field is an inactive selection list that reads "Select issue type."

I'm guessing that the first field is supposed to be a list of Jira projects and once I choose one, the second field will be populated with the correct options for that project. That is just a guess because the first field shows a completely empty selection list. Everything I type in the drop-down search field returns 'No match found.'

Is there a setting or configuration that I've missed?

thanks

0 votes
Mike Bedding December 3, 2013

Similar problem to Jake's. (Using Confluence On Demand to create Jira Issues):

1. Using the default multi-column Requirements table in the Product Requirements Blueprint, when I select all rows and use ‘Create JIRA Issue’ the Issues are created with an Issue Title taken from Column 1. The other text doesn’t seem to go into the issue. I don’t seem able to select a single Column?

2. I can see the Quote and Create Issue options but a colleague sees neither when he highlights text in Requirements Table

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events