How can i create a link to create an email with a subject Edited

Hi!

My target is, that a user can create an email with a defined receiver and a defined subject with one click.

I am using Confluence 5.10.8

The solution to create a new email is very easy. 

(https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf51/using-a-link-to-create-a-new-email-message-336169395.html)

Insert -> Link, enter the email adress and i have my link including the mailto-function.

Now i want to use the mailto-function including a subject like on this page

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Could-I-create-a-mailto-link-with-subject-that-dynamically-fills/qaq-p/272015

Unfortunately i don't know how to add this macro 

"<a href="mailto:m.mustermann@domain.com?subject=Here%20is%20the%20subject">linkname</a>"

into confluence.

And i don't know how to use the " report macro" from the second link in this questions, because i can't find this macro.

Does someone have an idea with perhaps some screenshots?

Thank you in Advance!

J

1 answer

1 vote

Hi Jürgen,

The example you gave works.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.46.42 PM.png

Essentially, you just write your text on the Confluence page, highlight it, click Insert Link, and choose Web link. Then you can paste this in the address:

mailto:m.mustermann@domain.com?subject=Here%20is%20the%20subject

Then, when clicking that link in the saved page, it automatically opens an email window with the recipient and the subject already filled in. I've tested this in Confluence 6.5.0.

In terms of the Reporting Macro, I'm not really sure what Heidi is referring to. It could possibly be the Reporting Macro from ServiceRocket.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

I tried this on Confluence Cloud.  It worked while I was in Edit mode but as soon as I published, the link got scrubbed.  I don't know if it matters, but I was setting both a subject and a body.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

1,104 views 17 14
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you