How can i allow search for all users in confluence?

Hi,

I installed confluence and want to allow search for all users, but currently only admins can use the global search - all other users only see a permission page

Your not allowed to acces "search/searchv3.action?queryString=..."

How could I add search permissions to a specific user group?

1 answer

Confluence only allows you to search for things that you have permission to see. If users are getting that message then that means you did not give them permission to that space/page. You will have to go into those spaces and give view permission to either that specific user or to whatever group that user belongs to. System admins have access to everything which is why you are able to see everything and don't need to be given permission in the spaces. 

To add permissions in a space go to the space then Browse->Space Admin and then click on permissions tab. 

If I search only using the autocomplete box - this works for me, but when I hit enter, I getting this error - doesn't matter what permissions my user have.

But what permission is on that space that contains those pages? Do you have permission to view that page if you go to the space?

There are no permissions and there is only one space

You need to add permissions to that space. Add the group you are in or you can add individual users to that space. Try one of those options and see if you still have the same results. Confluence is permission based so you need to have permission to view a space to be able to search things in it, unless you open the space to anonymous.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,848 views 27 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you