Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can confluence cli commands be executed inside shell script?

prathyu August 25, 2020

Hi,

I need to automate working with confluence. I need a confluence cli command to be placed inside a shell script so that it can be run periodically or when necessary. Is it possible to run cli commands starting with acli to be placed inside a script? Could anyone help me with how to do that?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2020

Yes, they work inside a script.

prathyu August 25, 2020

Thanks for that. Could you please tell me how? An example will be helpful. I tried placing it inside shell script. But,  I got command not found.

Michael Kuhl {Appfire}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2020

Here's a slide show on the CLI documentation site about using the CLI in scripts: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ACLI/pages/997654584/Slide+Show+-+ACLI+Program+Scripting

prathyu August 27, 2020

Thank you. I was able to write acli commands inside shell script in mac. In windows, I have tried adding acli to path. But it did not work some how. May be I missed something.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events