Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can JIRA workflows be used in Confluence?

Darryl Lucas September 14, 2011

I'm interested in using JIRA for workflowing Confluence pages through a review cycle. Can this be done?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2011

No. They are systems which do two different things, and I'm not even sure how you'd envisage this working!

There is a plugin which does workflows in Confluence, but they're not as rich as Jira workflows (simply because the nature of the data in Confluence is very different to Jira). It does work rather well, but I've found you do need to put quite a lot of effort into it. https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/142

0 votes
Jim Birch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2011

You can run a sql query on the confluence db to get a list of pages that haven't been updated for (eg) a year. Something like the query bellow (I haven't tested this exact code)

If you wanted to you could pump the results into Jira using the command line tool but this might be overkill. Reviewers should put a "Reviewed: person/date" stamp at the bottome of the page to get them off the list. if the page really needed a rewrite you could maybe then create the Jira job.

-- Query to locate "expired" pages
select  -- top 100
 s.spacekey, c.TITLE, c.CREATOR, c.LASTMODIFIER, c.LASTMODDATE --, bc.body 
from
  dbo.CONTENT c
join
  dbo.BODYCONTENT bc
on
 c.CONTENTID = bc.CONTENTID
-- note: spaceid is null on old page versions so join on
-- space id selects only current pages.  Nice.
join
 dbo.SPACES s
on
 s.SPACEID = c.SPACEID
where
 DATEDIFF(day, c.LASTMODDATE, GETDATE() ) > 90 
order by
 s.spacekey, c.LASTMODDATE

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events